Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Protect Your Hickory Business by Being Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned initiative is designed to professionally clean and disinfect your business!
Let Us Help You Reopen Your Business
Many states have begun to roll back their economy as COVID-19 continues to spread, and North Carolina has decided to stay in Phase 2 for an additional 3 weeks. Still, we’re all adapting to a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying healthy is a top concern. The coronavirus pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet that new standard.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is our new defensive cleaning program helps businesses and commercial locations address the current pandemic. This proactive pathogen cleaning program doesn’t replace your standard janitorial cleaning; it goes a step beyond that. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and our community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard.
We’re Highly Trained and Use Specialized Equipment
SERVPRO stands on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. In addition to fire and water damage cleanup and restoration, our professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills—always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence our community continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
You need a partner who has developed an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable, and Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a custom cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call Today for a Consultation
We’re Here to Help—24 hours a day, seven days a week—until life is back to normal here in the Hickory, NC.
Call SERVPRO of Catawba County West today at (828) 322-4400 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
We Had a Successful CE Class
We host free, in-person CE classes each quarter for insurance professionals!
In case you missed it, we had another great continuing education (CE) class earlier this month! We had more than 40 insurance agents and adjusters attend one or both of our courses: auto insurance and general liability. This was a great way for insurance professionals to pick up CE credits for their licenses and to meet with their peers.
We appreciate everyone who was able to attend. We host these classes as a way to both give back to the local community and to meet with the people that we often work with when our customers have a disaster.
In the near future, we plan on hosting another class with two different courses: flood insurance and ethics for insurance professionals. If you were unable to attend this last event, we hope you’ll be able to join us when we announce our next class!
Our February Continuing Education Class
We offer free continuing education classes to our local insurance professionals each quarter!
We’re back with another of our quarterly Continuing Education classes! If you didn’t know, once a quarter we host courses for insurance professionals so they can earn continuing education credits as part of their licensure. These are free events that we host as a way of giving back to the insurance community!
On Thursday, February 13, we are hosting two courses at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Hickory: Personal Auto Policy: Review & Update and General Liability: The Basics. These classes are open to any insurance agent or adjuster in the area—especially for those who need elective credits.
Due to limited seating, if you are interested in attending either course, we encourage you to register as soon as possible! For more information, you can visit our registration page!
More Than a Local Franchise
We have over 60 employees and serve more than 4 counties!
In 2009, we opened our first SERVPRO franchise in Lenoir. At the time, we only had 3 employees and were starting a business in the middle of the Great Recession. It was a while before we got our first job, but we got started, and we gave each new customer our all.
Last year we celebrated a milestone—our 10th anniversary. In the last decade, we’ve grown to more than 60 employees, we have dozens of vehicles, and we have expanded our service area! You might know us as SERVPRO of Catawba County West, but we serve more than just the Hickory, NC area—we actually own and operate four additional franchises.
Our same team services the entire Unifour area, including Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, and Catawba Counties. And starting this year, we now service all of Iredell County!
So if you knew us when we first started out, you might be surprised to know we’ve come a long way. If you live anywhere in the Unifour area (or in Iredell County), know that our team is always here to help!
Why Should You Hire SERVPRO of Catawba County West?
Some of our customers send us thank you cards and leave us positive reviews!
If you have fire or water damage, do you know who to call? There are a few disaster restoration companies in the region, but we believe we should be your top choice. If you’re on the fence, there are a few reasons you should consider us as your first option.
- We are a one-stop shop for your restoration needs. If your property has a fire or water damage, we want you to feel confident that everything is left in good hands. That’s why we do almost everything ourselves—from clean up and restoration to repairs. We even clean textiles, clean HVAC systems, and remove odors!
- We can handle any size disaster. We have over 60 employees, hundreds of units of equipment, and access to support from more than 1,700 SERVPRO franchises nationwide. Our franchise has worked on large-scale disasters, such as the fire at Lees-McRae College and the flooding at Martinsville Speedway.
- Our customers love us. We strive to offer high-quality customer service. We believe that’s why many of our customers have left us highly rated reviews, sent us letters, and even returned to us as repeat customers!
Whether you have fire, water, or mold damage, SERVPRO of Catawba County West is always available. Our staff is fully trained and certified, and we have helped thousands of customers over the years. Call us any time at (828) 322-4400!
Why We Can Handle Any Size Disaster
This is just a small fraction of our air mover inventory!
Did you know that SERVPRO of Catawba County West is just one of four franchises owned by Kim & Randy Williams? They actually own and operate the franchises that encompass the entire Unifour area! Many people think that we’re a small-time operation that can only handle smaller, mostly residential damages. In reality, we can clean up and restore any size disaster!
There are a few reasons we have this capability:
- We have roughly 60 employees (and counting)! When we first opened our Lenoir franchise in 2009, we had only 3 employees. Today, we have more than 20 times as many employees, and we continue to add more each year. Because we have so many employees, we are able to respond to any size disaster, such as the fire at Lees-McRae College and the flooding at Martinsville Speedway.
- We have hundreds of units of equipment. Over the years, we have built up an incredible inventory of equipment. We have multiple warehouses full of equipment, including hundreds of air movers, dehumidifiers, and proprietary cleaning products.
- We do much of our work in-house. We have long pushed to move away from 3rd-party services and have begun to take on more work in-house. That’s why we have our own textiles cleaning facility, ultrasonic machines, duct cleaning equipment, and even manage our own dumpsters. Because we’ve made these moves, we’ve been able to cut costs down and are able to get jobs done quickly and more efficiently!
We pride ourselves in our ability to help a customer from the beginning to the end of the restoration process. Our team is equipped with the latest technology and processes, and we’ve helped thousands of homes and businesses recover from disaster. If you need professional help, don’t hesitate to call our team at (828) 322-4400!
3 Ways We’ve Improved Our Services
We have our own in-house dumpster service so we can increase our team's efficiency and reduce service time!
When we opened our doors in 2009, we were a 3-person team and had the bare minimum we needed to start our own SERVPRO franchise. As we’ve grown over the years, we’ve strived to improve our processes, services, and equipment so we can continue to offer the best customer service. There are several ways we’ve enhanced our services, but today we’re going to share just a few!
- We have our own in-house dumpster service. In many situations, our crews have to dispose of debris and unsalvageable items. In the past, we used a 3rd-party dumpster service to provide and remove garbage containers for our crews, but these proved to be costly and had slow turn-around times. In some cases, it could take days before we could get a dumpster to so site for our crews to begin. Now, we manage our own dumpsters, which keeps our costs down and allows our team to work more efficiently!
- We have our own textiles cleaning facility. There aren’t many disaster restoration companies in the region that can claim to be a one-stop shop for your restoration needs, but we do! We have a state-of-the-art textiles cleaning facility that we use to clean your damaged clothes, linens, and more. You don’t have to worry about where your belongings go—we take care of everything in-house!
- We perform duct cleanings. Your HVAC system plays an important role in your home, which is why it needs to be constantly maintained. Excessive dust, soot particles, and other debris in your system can lower its efficiency and cause it to overwork. Fortunately, we offer duct cleaning services to the Hickory area, both as part of the restoration process and as a standalone service!
It’s been our mission to offer best-in-class customer service to Hickory, NC and surrounding areas. As we continue to grow, we’ll continue to improve our processes and the ways we can serve the community. If you have a disaster, know that our team at SERVPRO of Catawba County West can truly make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Will Be in the Hickory Christmas Parade
The Grinch is back to drive our green SERVPRO Kia in the annual Hickory Christmas parade!
Each year, the town of Hickory hosts its annual Christmas parade in the downtown area. Many businesses and organizations show off their holiday spirit by sponsoring more than 100 floats and bands. Hundreds of Hickory residents come out to support the community and to celebrate Christmas!
This year, Hickory is hosting the parade on Friday, November 22. Starting at 6 p.m., the Grinch, Cindy Lou Who, and Max will return to drive our green SERVPRO vehicle! The evening will culminate with the Christmas tree lighting at the town square by Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Whether you want to join in the festivities or support your local SERVPRO, there are plenty of reasons to attend this year’s parade. We hope to see you there as we bring on the Christmas spirit!
Upcoming CE Class on October 22
Our CE classes always provide free lunch for our attendees!
Our next Continued Education (CE) class for insurance professionals is fast approaching! On Tuesday, October 22, we’re hosting both Flood & Ethics courses at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Hickory, NC. As usual, instructor Chris McCleod will return to cover the basics of flood insurance and how ethics plays a role in the insurance industry. (Each course is 3 credit hours.)
Whether you’re an insurance agent or an adjuster, if you need credit hours, we highly encourage you to attend our class. We provide a free lunch (catered by Boxcar Grille), we have plenty of snacks, and we have giveaways during each break period.
If you’re interested in attending, you can register online at our Eventbrite registration page. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office!
SERVPRO of Catawba County West in the Community
We regularly sponsor and play in local golf tournaments that support great causes!
Although SERVPRO is a national franchise chain, SERVPRO of Catawba County West is a locally owned and operated franchise. This means that all of our employees live in and connect with our community. That’s why it’s important to us that we take an active part in the local organizations and activities that support our values and matter to our employees.
Catawba County Chamber of Commerce Involvement
The Catawba County Chamber of Commerce plays an instrumental role in connecting and supporting local businesses. In addition to being members, we are ambassadors and regularly attend events and ribbon cuttings. We’re proud to support an organization that does so much for the community!
Sponsoring Golf Tournaments
It’s no secret that SERVPRO of Catawba County West is a big fan of golf. If the weather’s good and we’ve registered for a tournament, you’ll likely find that we have a team participating. But when we sponsor a golf tournament, it’s not just for the sake of playing or supporting golf; the tournaments we sponsor are hosted to benefit some cause or nonprofit organization. So we’re not just playing, we’re helping support values we believe in!
Hickory Christmas Parade
Every year, Hickory hosts its annual Christmas parade, and every year, we drive a float or one of our green SERVPRO vehicles. In addition to seeing all of the great businesses and organizations that also support our community, we get to interact with many people in the Hickory area. Plus, who doesn’t love the Christmas spirit?
We strongly believe in helping others in need—it’s what we do best. It’s also why we are active participants in the local rotary clubs. As members, we get to help those in need—both locally and globally. It’s rewarding to be part of a great organization!
More than a Disaster Restoration Company
SERVPRO of Catawba County West is known as a disaster restoration company, but we strive to be more than that. We enjoy being active members in the community, helping those in need, and supporting the values that make the Hickory area so great. If you do have a disaster, though, we hope that you’ll call us and allow us to make it “Like it never even happened!”
SERVPRO of Catawba County West is Highly Trained & Certified
Marketing Rep. Mike Richey shows off our most recent IICRC certification!
When a customer invites us into their home, they expect us to be certified and knowledgeable. Because not only are they allowing us into their personal space, they are expecting us to fix their problems. That’s exactly why we ensure that all of our technicians are trained and certified!
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is an influential organization that helps shape the way disaster restoration companies across the nation operate. The IICRC sets the standard for disaster restoration through research and optimization, which they then present to insurance companies to ensure prices and procedures are the same across the board.
SERVPRO of Catawba County West is IICRC-certified, and requires all of its crew chiefs to undergo certification so we can ensure our customers receive consistent and professional service.
It’s important that in addition to obtaining certifications, our employees have first-hand experience performing our services. Upon hire, all of our techs and crew chiefs shadow and assist our more experienced employees to better understand how we operate and what we do. In addition, our employees regularly meet with our department leaders to receive feedback and get assistance when needed.
A Team You Can Rely On
If your home or business has a disaster, you’ll want a company you can trust to be professional and get the job done right the first time. So when you need a disaster restoration company, call SERVPRO of Catawba County West at (828) 322-4400!
3 Services We Offer that Separates Us from Competitors
Our ESPORTA soft contents cleaner is capable of cleaning over 90% of all soft contents!
There are a few disaster restoration companies in the region, but there’s only one SERVPRO of Catawba County West. If you have damages to your home or business, you’ll have a few different restoration companies to choose from, but we offer some services that give us an advantage over the others.
- Textiles Cleaning. If your clothes, rugs, towels, or other textiles are damaged, we can bring them back to our warehouse to be restored. We have state-of-the-art washer and dryer systems, an ESPORTA soft contents recovery system, an ozone chamber, and several proprietary chemicals. This means we can restore nearly any textile!
- Duct Cleaning. Your ducts not only become dirty and dusty over time, but they can become overburdened with soot and other particles after a fire or other disaster. That’s why we offer a duct cleaning service—not just for regular maintenance, but because it’s practically essential after some incidents.
- Deodorization. Strong, lingering odors can be difficult to eliminate. Fortunately, we have the capability to remove nearly any odor, no matter how strong it is. We have a variety of methods and chemicals we can use to neutralize smells—from cigarette smoke to skunk spray!
We offer best-in-class services so we can be the one-stop company for all of your restoration needs. If you have damages from a disaster, call SERVPRO of Catawba County West at (828) 322-4400!
How SERVPRO of Catawba County West can Handle Any Size Disaster
Our large loss crew is capable of being deployed at any size disaster!
There are several disaster restoration companies in Catawba County, but there’s only one that can handle any size disaster—SERVPRO of Catawba County West. Even though we are a locally owned and operated franchise, there are a couple of unique factors that allow us to clean up and restore even the most significant damages.
Large Loss Franchise
SERVPRO of Catawba County West is a specially designated franchise known as a Large Loss franchise. This designation—given by SERVPRO corporate—is one that indicates we have the capacity to handle very large disasters. In addition to the designation, we have over 50 employees, dozens of vehicles, and hundreds of units of equipment. As a Large Loss franchise, we have responded to the fire at Lees McRae College in 2017 and the aftermath of Hurricane Florence in Wilmington, NC.
Network of Over 1,700 Franchises
One of the unique advantages of being a SERVPRO franchise is that we’re part of a national system of over 1,700 other franchises. That means when a large-scale disaster beyond our capacity affects our area, we can bring in additional franchises to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Handling Any Size Disaster
With many employees, hundreds of equipment, and many years of experience, we are confident in our ability to handle any size disaster. If you have fire or water damage in the Hickory, NC or surrounding areas, call SERVPRO of Catawba County West today at (828) 322-4400!
Why SERVPRO of Catawba County West Loves Golf Tournaments
This is one of our teams at just one of the many golf tournaments we both attend and sponsor!
It’s no secret that SERVPRO loves golf; after all, we’re a proud partner of PGA. But that love extends down to each and every franchise, including us at SERVPRO of Catawba County West, which is why we often sponsor multiple golf tournaments each year. There are many reasons why our team sponsors and participates in golf tournaments, but here are just 3 reasons:
- We love to support our communities. Every tournament we sponsor supports a group or charity. As members of this community, we are proud to support those causes!
- We get to meet new community members. It’s always great to meet the people that live in and support Catawba County. That’s why we enjoy meeting these community members and learning more about them!
- We love golf. Above all else, we just love golf. It’s an enjoyable sport that allows us to go out into the community and support causes. What more could we ask for?
If you see us with a set of clubs, we’re likely on the way to the nearest golf course, but that doesn’t mean we’re not here for you! SERVPRO of Catawba County West is here to help in your time of need! If you need assistance, call us today at (828) 322-4400!
SERVPRO at the Hickory Christmas Parade
Every year, SERVPRO of Catawba County West participates in the Hickory Christmas parade!
Christmas is coming early to Hickory this year! On Friday, November 16, the Town of Hickory is hosting its annual Christmas parade. You can come to downtown Hickory by 6:00 p.m. and watch many local businesses and organizations as they display their floats and pass out candy!
SERVPRO of Catawba County West is also going to continue its tradition of appearing in the parade. Although we are going to bring only one vehicle this year, we’re making up for it by bringing a special, green guest! If you want to meet this famous celebrity, you’ll have to come down to the parade!
We hope to see you on Friday, November 16, and we hope that you have a Merry early Christmas!