The Fire Damage Cleanup Process
If your home has a fire, there’s a lot you’ll have to worry about. At SERVPRO of Catawba County West, what we don’t want you to worry about is your home or belongings. Our professionally trained team has helped thousands of homeowners recover from fires, flooding, and more. Although the fire cleanup process can vary to some degree, we’ve outlined the steps you can expect us to take.
- Assessing the damage. When you first call our office, we’ll dispatch somebody from our team to visually inspect the damages. This will allow us to determine next steps and prepare the necessary crews and equipment.
- Extract any water damage (if applicable). If you had to call the local fire department, your home will more than likely also have water damage. Because water can present its own set of challenges, we’ll have a team extract the water and begin the drying process.
- Inventory, pack out, and restore your belongings. We know that your possessions are often irreplaceable, so we put a lot of care and attention into restoring them. Our contents specialists take photos of all your possessions and digitally inventory them into our system. We then box and relocate them to our warehouse to be professionally cleaned and restored.
- (Note: Some items may not be salvageable, but we always speak with you before disposing of anything.)
- Clean your home’s interior. Barring any extreme circumstances, our team will clean the interior of your home, including the walls, ceiling, and carpets. We will also clean your home’s HVAC system, which will be contaminated with soot and other debris. In some cases, we are even available to do the repair work!
- Return your belongings. Once the cleaning and repair processes are complete, our team will return your restored belongings back to your home. This is the final step in getting your home back to normal!
We’ve seen first-hand how devastating fires can be, so we understand how stressful these situations can be. If you have a house fire and need our professional cleanup services, call us anytime at (828) 322-4400!