If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (828) 322-4400

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What to Do If You Have Water Damage

1/23/2020 (Permalink)

Water pooled into puddles under an office desk Water damage can cause problems for your property, but the cleanup process can be navigated by calling the right people!

Many residents in the Hickory community have experienced how devastating water damage can be. Your furniture and home’s structure can be compromised and deteriorate, mold growth can cause some health effects, and the recovery process can be long and expensive. To make matters worse, most property owners are unprepared, and they often don’t know what to do.

Water damage can be frustrating to deal with, but there are a few simple steps you can take to alleviate much of the stress.

  1. Deal with the water damage’s source. If you have water damage, the first thing you need to do is address the source and mitigate additional damage. In many cases, this may mean you need to shut off your home’s water valve. Regardless of the source, you need to find it and make sure it won’t cause further problems.

  1. Call a disaster restoration company. If water damage isn’t addressed promptly—and properly—the situation can deteriorate and lead to further problems for you and your home. Immediately call a disaster restoration company (such as SERVPRO of Catawba County West) to extract, dry, and perform other necessary services.

  1. Call your insurance agency. Your insurance is meant for moments like these. Call your local agent and make sure you’re covered. Water damages can be costly, so your insurance can really make a difference!

Water damages can be a real headache, but if you take the above steps, you can make the process much easier to manage. If you live in Catawba County and need water damage restoration services, you can call us anytime at (828) 322-4400!

Other News

View Recent Posts