Recent Commercial Posts
Why You May Need Disinfecting Services at Your Commercial Property
We use fogging and other processes to clean and disinfect your business.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of keeping your workplace clean and sanitized. We’ve been offering cleaning and disinfecting services to local businesses that want to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus at their property, but we’ve actually offered this service for years. There are multiple reasons why you might want professional disinfecting services beyond this pandemic.
Localized Outbreaks in Schools and Gyms
Flu and stomach pathogens were prevalent issues long before COVID-19. Some schools have had to temporarily close to address outbreaks that were affecting many of their students. If your school, gym, or high-traffic business wants to get ahead of the problem, call us for a proactive cleaning. This won’t completely eliminate the problem, but it will help reduce the spread.
Sewage or Biohazard Incident
If you had a sewage backup or a biohazard incident at your place of business, you’re potentially exposing your employees and your customers to viruses and bacteria. Our team has the training and expertise to not only clean these incidents but to also disinfect the affected areas. This can help limit the overall damage!
Your Cleanup Professionals
SERVPRO of Catawba County West understands the risks that pathogens can present. That’s why we follow safety protocols and regulations to clean and disinfect businesses that might have a problem. If you need a professional cleaning or want to learn more, call us at (828) 322-4400!
We Clean and Disinfect Commercial Properties
Our team is equipped and prepared to clean and disinfect your business!
SERVPRO of Catawba County West is Here to Help
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected our community just as it has the rest of the world. During these uncertain times, we would like to remind our customers that we are commercial cleaning specialists who adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
Specialized Training and Experience
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities. Our team will continue to adapt as additional guidelines are established.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your business needs deep cleaning services, call our experts at SERVPRO of Catawba County West: (828) 322-4400!
How to Prevent Disaster While Your Business is Closed Due to COVID-19
This flooding occurred at a business after a heavy storm. Disaster can happen at any time, even while you're closed!
COVID-19 has had a major impact on our way of life. Americans across the nation are effectively bound to their home, and many restaurants and businesses are shutting down as both a precaution and as a result of decreased foot traffic. If your business has been temporarily closed during this pandemic, there are some things you can do to prevent water damage, fires, and other disasters!
- Shut off your main water valve. If you don’t need water at your place of businesses for an extended time, consider shutting it off until your resume operations. This won’t work for everyone, but if it does, it can help prevent flooding from burst pipes or leaking appliances.
- Turn off any unneeded electrical appliances. Electrical fires happen when we least expect them. But as businesses rely on electricity to some capacity, it’s important to shut off the devices you won’t need. Ensure employees shut off space heaters and other power-hungry devices that may overwork your electrical outlets!
- Patch any known weaknesses in the building. Structural weaknesses in your office space are a great way for storms to cause flood damage. Because you may be away for an extended period of time, now’s a great time to path any known issues. Otherwise, you may come back to standing water and mold!
Disasters can be expensive to clean up, and with a loss of revenue, the impact is even worse. If you do have a disaster at your commercial property and need professional cleanup services, call SERVPRO of Catawba County West today!
3 Ways Your Business Can Prepare for a Fire
Fires can do tremendous damage to your business, but some precautionary measures can spare you the headache!
Fires can do a lot of damage to your business. In fact, according to FEMA, many businesses will never reopen their doors after having such a disaster. Since we opened our doors in 2009, we’ve seen how fires have cost businesses their money—and sometimes their reputation. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to mitigate the effects of a potential fire!
- Install a sprinkler system. A sprinkler system is one of the best investments a business can make. Should a fire break out in a section of your property, the sprinklers can control the flames before they get out of hand. According to the National Fire Protection Association, when a sprinkler system was present, fires were confined to the room of origin in 97% of fires (versus 74% that didn’t have a sprinkler system).
- Train your employees to use fire extinguishers. It’s always a good idea to teach your employees about fire safety, especially when it comes to fire extinguishers. Proper usage can put out small fires, which can, in turn, save you a big headache. If you haven’t reviewed fire extinguisher procedures with your staff, you can always speak to your local fire department about getting a demonstration!
- Keep combustible materials away from heat sources. Flammable objects should be kept a safe distance from any device that gives off heat. Space heaters, candles, light bulbs, and other objects that give off heat can easily start a fire if they are kept near the wrong materials. As a rule of thumb, flammable objects should be kept at least 3 feet away.
Fires often occur when you least expect them, but it’s also possible to mitigate your risk. If you haven’t already, invest time and money into resources your team can use prevent a full-blown fire. But if you do have a fire and need professional cleanup and restoration, our team is always available to help!
3 Fire Safety Tips Every Business Owner Should Heed
A fire extinguisher can potentially mitigate fire damage at your business. Ensure your employees know how to use one!
Commercial fires seem to happen all the time. Our team regularly gets calls from businesses in the Hickory area who have everything from small to catastrophic fires. Sometimes they are just minor inconveniences, but in some cases, they can halt operations completely. Whether or not your business has been affected by a fire in the past, it’s important to practice fire safety!
- Make sure your employees know how to use a fire extinguisher. The second best thing to preventing a fire is mitigating the damage. If your employees know how to properly extinguish a fire (and know which extinguisher to use), you can dampen the impact it will have on your operations. If they don’t already have this training, consider recruiting your local fire department to offer a demonstration!
- Ensure all heaters are kept away from flammable objects. Some employees are cold even when indoors, so they might bring a personal heater. While heaters are great for warmth, they are also a fire risk if they are placed near flammable objects. It’s recommended that heat sources are kept at least 3 feet away from combustible objects!
- Install a sprinkler system. If you don’t already have one, a sprinkler system is a great investment. It can prevent a fire from getting out of control, which helps you keep damages to a minimum. In fact, maintained systems are 95% effective!
Your business is an important investment, and it should be protected at all costs. It’s not possible to prevent every kind of fire, but it is possible to be prepared and to know how to react. If you have a fire and need our fire restoration services, know that we’re always here to help!
How to Prevent Mold Growth in Your Business
Mold began growing in this business' storage closet after the HVAC lines leaked all summer!
Mold is one of the last things you want to discover in your place of business. For starters, it can cause some health effects in people, which can slow or halt your operations. Mold growth can also be a symptom of recent or ongoing water damage, which can be a costly issue to resolve. This is why it’s important to take preventative steps and avoid the headache altogether. Fortunately, there are a couple of actionable steps you can take.
- Immediately address any water damage. Mold spores need a couple of things to begin growing, and one of the most important is moisture. That’s why many people who initially avoid or cancel our services often call back later: their water damage encouraged mold growth. If you have water damage on your property, immediately call our team of water damage professionals!
- Maintain lower humidity levels. High humidity levels are another way mold growth is encouraged. If your property’s humidity levels are unregulated, it’s best to purchase a dehumidifier(s). This device can draw moisture out of the air, which can lower the odds of mold growth. Your home’s humidity levels should be below 60%, but we say that 30-50% is ideal!
Mold growth is certainly a problem, but limiting your property’s exposure to moisture can help you prevent it from ever occurring. If you do have mold, however, our mold remediation experts have helped many Hickory homes and businesses overcome mold issues. You can call our team anytime at (828) 322-4400!
How to Prepare Your Business for Disaster
Disaster can strike at any business, often when we least expect it. This is one commercial property that had water damage.
After it flooded during the weekend of June 7, many property owners in the Catawba County area were forced to face how unexpected a disaster can be. Rain closed many roads and schools, and the county was forced to declare a state of emergency. Additionally, many businesses took on water and had to experience first-hand what it’s like to address water damage.
As a disaster restoration company, we are dedicated to helping local property owners recover from water and fire damage. To support that mission, we’re providing some ways you can prepare your business for the next potential disaster!
- Create an Emergency Readiness Profile (ERP). Do your staff know where all the emergency shut-off locations are? Do they know who to call? Do you? These are all great questions, but it’s best not to wait until there’s an actual emergency to ask them. An ERP is a great tool that allows you and your staff to have the crucial information they need to respond to a disaster at your property. Fortunately, these tools can be generated for free by reaching out to one of our team members!
- Confirm you have adequate insurance coverage. For the first time, home and business owners recently learned the importance of having flood insurance. While some insurance policies might seem unnecessary (flood, for instance), disasters occur when you least expect them, and you’ll be thankful you had the coverage. Speak to your insurance agent and discuss your policies and coverage today!
- Establish a disaster response plan. Where would you go if your business space was temporarily uninhabitable? What’s your plan if your operations are halted for a few days? It’s impossible if or when your business will face disaster, but if you aren’t prepared for worst-case scenarios, it can threaten your business. Create a disaster response plan with relevant people in your company to establish things such as an alternate production site, communication plans, and more. Having such a plan can help mitigate the overall effect of any incident!
There’s nothing worse than discovering your place of business has been flooded or suffered fire damage. While these threats are always around the corner, you can help reduce the impact they have on your company’s endurance and success. There are many ways you can prepare your business for a disaster, but the above are a few to get you started. Should you happen to have a disaster, call our team at SERVPRO of Catawba County West today to make it “Like it never even happened!”
How Your Business’ Damaged Documents Can Be Saved
It's impossible to undo existing damage, but we can stabilize any of your damaged documents!
Many businesses today keep a digital record of their documents, which are generally easier to preserve in the event of a disaster. But some businesses—such as hospitals, law offices, and others—also use paper documents either as a supplement or in place of digital ones. Unfortunately, these vital records can be damaged in the event of flooding or a fire. However, there’s a possibility they can be salvaged.
Our Document Restoration Process
SERVPRO is known as a fire and water damage cleanup company, but we also have a lesser-known service—document restoration. Each franchise has access to this chamber, meaning we are able to salvage many damaged documents.
When paper gets wet, it becomes soggy and the ink begins to run off the page. While we can’t undo the ink damage, we can prevent further deterioration and stabilize it. Our first priority is to freeze all of the affected documents to prevent further damage. From there, we’ll ship it to our facility in Tennessee where it will be freeze-dried and returned in the same order it was sent.
Fire-damaged documents lose their edges and generally smell like smoke. As with water damage, we cannot undo any of the physical damage, but we can trim burnt edges and deodorize the documents. In any event, we can always digitize them if you prefer!
Your Salvaged Documents
Our goal is to return documents that are both stable and usable, but it’s important to manage expectations. We’re unable to undo damage and restore documents to their original condition, but we can make a strong attempt to save them and prevent further deterioration. If your Hickory, NC business has documents that have been damaged, call SERVPRO of Catawba County West today!
3 Examples of Commercial Properties We’ve Helped
Our franchise had the unique opportunity to drive on Martinsville Speedway's racetrack after helping them with
their commercial water damage!
As a Large Loss Response Team, SERVPRO of Catawba County West has the capacity to handle any size disaster. In fact, we’ve responded to many large-scale commercial property damages over our 10 years of operations. Below are 3 commercial properties we’ve helped recover from disaster.
In January of 2017, a fire broke out in the laundry room of Lees-McRae College’s gymnasium and caused substantial damage to the structure and its contents. Our team immediately responded and deployed much of our resources to help them get their gym back. After a lot of work, it now looks “Like it never even happened!”
Grace Baptist Church
Hurricane Florence devastated North Carolina’s coast late last year. Even though we were hundreds of miles away, we dispatched a team to assist with recovery efforts. In Wilmington, we aided Grace Baptist Church and the affiliated Wilmington Christian Academy, which had suffered massive flooding and wind damage. Initially without power, our team worked well over a month drying water, repairing structures, and cleaning damaged textiles.
Last year, heavy rains in Virginia flooded the nearby racetrack, Martinsville Speedway. As a result, our team traveled north and worked around the clock to extract and dry all of the water damage. We even had the rare opportunity to drive our green vehicles on the track!
Local Support from a Large Franchise
Although we are locally owned and operated, SERVPRO of Catawba County West is a large franchise with even larger national support. Having helped countless businesses recover from disaster, we have the expertise and the resources needed to navigate any damages.
3 Services SERVPRO of Catawba County West can Offer Commercial Properties
We offer textile cleaning services to businesses whose contents have been damaged by disaster!
Disasters affect our area on a regular basis, and sometimes they affect local businesses. Because these properties often to need to be operational as soon as possible, they require a range of services. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Catawba County West offers several services to help commercial properties recover from damages.
- Duct Cleaning. According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, your ducts should be cleaned every three to five years. In addition to optimizing your system’s performance, a duct cleaning clears out irritants, allergens, and other particles that might affect your employees and impede productivity.
- Odor Removal. Strong, lingering odors can be a deterrent to both your employees and your customers. These might be difficult to remove by many methods, but we use cutting-edge technologies and proprietary chemicals to make virtually any odor “Like it never even happened!”
- Textiles Cleaning. If you have a disaster at your commercial property, it’s likely you’ll have damaged rugs, uniforms, or other textiles. Fortunately, we have a textiles cleaning facility that takes advantage of advanced cleaning technology. As a result, we can clean and restore virtually any textile!
We offer several other services in addition to the ones above because our goal is to be a one-stop business for your disaster restoration needs. So if you need help restoring your commercial property, call SERVPRO of Catawba County West at (828) 322-4400!
Why SERVPRO is Capable of Restoring Your Business
Our team responded to the flooding at Martinsville Speedway earlier this year! We have the capacity to handle any commercial disaster!
As your local disaster restoration company, you probably know we help many homeowners get their lives back to normal after fire or water damage. But we extend those services to commercial businesses as well—no matter how large they are. There are a few reasons SERVPRO of Catawba County West is a great choice to restore your business.
- We’ve served countless homes and businesses for nearly 10 years. In our nearly one decade in this community, we’ve worked with numerous property owners to restore their property after a disaster. Over time, we’ve established a reputation as the Hickory area’s trustworthy and professional disaster restoration company.
- We’re a large loss franchise. SERVPRO corporate recognizes certain SERVPRO franchises as being a large loss franchise, which means they have the skill and capacity to handle large-scale disasters. We are one such franchise, and we’ve helped restore several large losses, such as the fire at Lees McRae College and flooding at Martinsville Speedway.
- We offer a full range of services. We’re known for our reputation as a fire and water damage restoration company, but we offer many more services. For example, we offer odor removal, textiles cleaning, mold remediation, and more. We’re your one-stop shop when it comes your restoration needs!
We pride ourselves in making it “Like it never even happened!” That’s why many businesses in the Hickory area trust us when they have a disaster. If you have a disaster at your commercial property, call SERVPRO of Catawba County West today at (828) 322-4400!
Why Your Business Needs an ERP
One of our marketing reps works on an ERP for a local business! An ERP can make a difference in ensuring your team can respond quickly to disaster!
According to FEMA, roughly 40-60% of small businesses fail to reopen their doors after a disaster. Though that statistic is alarming, it’s possible to improve the odds in your business’ favor. One such way you can do that is with an Emergency Ready Plan (ERP), a free tool offered by your local SERVPRO franchise. There are a number of reasons why having one is beneficial!
- All of your contacts are in one place. One of the great things about an ERP is that it gathers all of your important contact information into one document. Should an emergency occur, an employee would quickly be able to call the necessary contacts without digging for the information.
- You’ll know where your emergency shutoffs are located. In an emergency situation, the faster you can react, the better. But many business owners and their employees don’t know where the emergency shutoffs are located, which could mitigate some damage. An ERP helps solve that problem because it contains both pictures and details to help employees locate the shutoffs.
- Your SERVPRO franchise and local fire department will have a copy of your ERP. While it’s important that you and your employees have access to the Emergency Ready Plan, it’s just as important the necessary emergency response services have it as well. When a disaster does occur, the faster these services respond, the more they can mitigate the impact, which is why they should be aware of the important information detailed in an ERP.
Your business is a valuable asset that should be protected anyway it can. At SERVPRO of Catawba County West, that’s why we offer a free ERP—so your business can survive after disaster strikes. If you would like an ERP for your business, call us today at 828-322-4400!
What to Do if Your Business Faces Disaster
Your business might suffer from disaster, but hiring a high-quality disaster restoration company can drastically improve recovery times.
Nobody really likes to think about it, but what do you do when your business suffers from disaster? If you’re like most people, you’ll probably stress yourself out and worry about getting everything back to the way it was before. After all, it’s like a baby to you.
We can offer prevention tips all day long, but ultimately, your business is still at risk for all kinds of disaster. If that time comes, you’ll certainly be looking for answers, and fortunately, we’re here to provide them.
Consult Your Emergency Readiness Plan
If you don’t know what an Emergency Readiness Plan is, it might be too late to explain. An Emergency Ready Plan is a detailed document that outlines everything you need to know to respond to an emergency. It includes emergency shut-off locations, contact information for emergency personnel and other relevant people, and much more. It’s an essential outline for any business to have.
If you have one and you’re in an emergency situation, locate it and act accordingly. If you do not have one and you’re not in an emergency situation, contact us and we’ll put together an Emergency Readiness Plan for you free of charge!
Contact Your Insurance
This information should be in your Emergency Readiness Plan, but if not, then find their information and contact them immediately. Besides getting the ball rolling on the process, your representative will also provide you with other important information for you to get your operations running again.
However, be aware that although your insurance representative will make recommendations about who you should use for services, you ultimately get to make those decisions, so feel free to use somebody you know and trust!
Call Your Local Cleanup & Restoration Company
You want your business to be up and running again, but if your place of operations has severe water, fire, or storm damage, then you’ll have to address that first. There will likely be several different cleanup and restoration companies in your area, but consider looking for these qualities in a company:
- They have a great reputation
- They have the people and resources to handle the job quickly
- They are responsive, patient, and friendly
If you haven’t called anyone yet, we at SERVPRO of Catawba County West have all of the qualities listed above and are ready at a moment’s notice, so we encourage you to call us now at (828) 322-4400!
Make Alternative Arrangements
Depending on the amount and type of damage your business has endured, it’s possible that you’ll have lost a lot of assets. So while that might mean you can’t operate from your building or use damaged equipment/machinery, it doesn’t mean you have to sit around and wait! While there’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, there are a few different options to consider:
- Use an alternative space while yours is being restored. This isn’t possible for every business, but consider temporarily using a different space so you can keep operations running. For example, one baker rented out a local church’s kitchen while she waited for hers to be restored. If you’re a retail location, it will be difficult to set up in a temporary new space, so consider selling your merchandise online!
- Contact your customers (if applicable). If you get routine business from customer orders, let them know up front what happened. Depending on your current relationship with them, they may be willing to wait for a new order or pay up front to help you out. At the very least, communication with your customers will let them know that you care.
- Look for outside help. The sad reality is that about 40-60% of small businesses will never reopen their doors after a disaster, according to FEMA. It’s for this reason that we encourage you to utilize all available resources—including family, friends, and community members. There’s no shame in asking for help!
Focus on Reopening
There are a lot of obstacles that arise after a disaster, but it’s not impossible to reopen your business! Take things one step at a time and work with your staff and customers as much as possible. Between you and your staff, your insurance, and your local cleanup and restoration company, you can be back open in no time!
3 Reasons Why SERVPRO of Catawba County West Should Handle Your Commercial Loss
We have the manpower and equipment to clean up any-sized disaster!
Your business is your lifeline, which is why if disaster strikes, you want to hire professionals who can quickly return you to your normal operations. But with so many different restoration professionals to choose from, why should you consider SERVPRO of Catawba County West?
1. We are a certified Large Loss Response Team (LLRT). SERVPRO Corporate designates specific franchises throughout the nation as LLRTs. These franchises are prequalified and equipped to handle any-sized loss. Our franchise has restored large disasters such at places such as Lees McRae, Valley Hills Mall, and Bernhardt Furniture.
2. We can pull in other SERVPRO franchises to quickly make it “Like it never even happened.” One of the benefits of working with a national company is that if the work exceeds our limitations, we can bring in resources from as many franchises as we need. We truly can handle any-sized disaster!
3. We have experience working with many different commercial entities. Our franchise has helped bring many different businesses and agencies from disaster. For over 9 years, we’ve gained the experience to prove that we understand the sensitive nature and the nuances that come with commercial losses.
It can be difficult to bring in an outside company, especially when your own business is vulnerable. But SERVPRO of Catawba County West brings an experienced team of dedicated workers who are ready to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Emergency Ready Profiles: A Powerful Tool for Businesses
Disaster can strike any business, but an Emergency Ready Profile can help limit the scope of total damage.
Most people know that SERVPRO excels at fire and water cleanup and restoration, but not many know that we offer a free service that helps local businesses survive potential disasters. Our Emergency Ready Profiles are customized outlines that help you quickly respond to a disaster should one occur. If you haven’t heard about this service, you’ll find out what you need to know below!
Emergency Ready Profiles are completely free. Most businesses have to spend time and resources to put together an emergency profile, but we do all the work for you! In exchange for a few minutes of your (or a representative’s) time to answer some questions, we’ll assemble both a digital and physical copy that you can access at any time. What’s the catch? There’s absolutely none; we just hope that if you ever need our services, you’ll give us a call!
Emergency Ready Profiles are specific to your business. Our profiles include all pertinent information needed for you to react quickly and efficiently: the post-evacuation meeting place, pictures and descriptions of emergency shut-off locations, emergency contact information, and much more! This asset is tailored to address your specific business and its features.
Emergency Ready Profiles allow help to respond more efficiently. If you do have a disaster, you’ll want responders to know exactly where to go. We give a copy of your profile to your local fire department (this may not apply to some departments), plus we keep a copy on file so we can quickly pull up your data to speed up the process.
If you have a business and don’t have an emergency plan in place, call SERVPRO of Catawba West today at (828) 322-4400 and get your FREE Emergency Ready Profile!
3 Reasons Your Business Should Clean its Air Ducts
Commercial businesses often let their HVAC systems go unattended. Don't do the same for yours!
When’s the last time you had somebody come clean your business’ air ducts? If it wasn’t in recent years, then you’re long overdue. In fact, the National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends you clean your HVAC system every 3 to 5 years. But other than duct cleaning companies trying to make money, is there really any need for your ducts to be cleaned? In case you’re in doubt, we’ve got 3 reasons why your business should clean its air ducts:
- Clean air ducts are energy efficient. Nobody likes spending unnecessary money, yet most people don’t realize that a dirty HVAC system actually forces the system to work harder. A clean duct system will reduce energy costs over time.
- Eliminate offensive odors. When something gets into your HVAC system that doesn’t belong, it can make your entire office building smell awful. A good cleaning will not only eliminate the odor, it will remove the source as well.
- Hinder mold growth. Mold needs organic substance to feed and grow. By removing dirt and other debris from your air ducts, mold will have a much harder time taking hold of and contaminating your HVAC system.
If you have a commercial business in Catawba County with existing HVAC issues—or you want to preemptively take action before it does—contact a specialist who will give you a fair assessment of your needs. We at SERVPRO of Catawba County West have specialized staff who are ready to give your duct system the cleaning it deserves, so call us today for a free estimate!
Failing Sprinkler Systems Cause Water Damage To Your Sweetwater Store
Sprinkler systems are not designed to fail, but there are plenty of times that they do.
Failing Sprinkler Systems
Sprinkler systems are not designed to fail, but there are plenty of times that they do. This failure can present itself in many ways, but pipe leaks and breakage are among the most common. To your grocery store, this can pose some severe threats to customer safety and your profits. Your Sweetwater business has no way to plan for such an incident, let alone the immediate problems that it causes.
When pipes break within a grocery store, the location of this break can mean some immediate dangers to employees and customers. For example, should the sprinkler system above your freezer units fail, the resulting water on the floor could carry a live electrical current from the circuits connecting these units to the breaker box somewhere in the back of the store. This goes far beyond traditional commercial water damage concerns for your Sweetwater store and becomes life-threatening.
While that might be an extreme case, excessive water in any area of your store is something that you need to take care of right away. That is why our SERVPRO team is available at all hours of the day to offer our emergency mitigation services. Getting the restoration process started as soon as possible ensures a smaller claim that gets filed to the insurance, or in worse cases, less out-of-pocket expenses to the owner of the store for repairs.
You cannot run a business that has water damage, and we at SERVPRO are equipped with the experience and fast response to ensure that your business has its doors open again as quickly as possible. Our process begins with assessing the root of the problem with your sprinkler system, repairing the damages to this network, and then restoring the affected area so that your customers are none the wiser that anything ever happened.
If you deal with water damages to your store, trust us at SERVPRO of Catawba County West to respond right away and mitigate your loss. Fast actions save your equipment and your establishment from further damages, so do not hesitate. Call us 24/7 at (828) 322-4400.
For more about Sweetwater click here.
Deodorizing Your Hickory Restaurant's Restroom After Flooding
When a toilet floods in your restaurant, call SERVPRO to dry and deodorize the area immediately.
Thorough and Fast Flood Damage Remediation Services
Burst pipes and plumbing fixtures which are leaking are common problems seen in insurance claims for commercial water damage each year in Hickory. Some issues which are seen a lot with toilets can lead to significant damage, and you can prevent many plumbing problems with regular maintenance. The worst damage occurs when you do not call a professional for help, and water damage which might not be visible on the surface keeps spreading and getting worse.
When a toilet fails in your Hickory restaurant, you need help right away from professionals to clean up the commercial water damage and prevent additional problems. You can reach SERVPRO any time you need us, and we work fast to prevent much downtime for your business’ restroom.
In a situation where a restroom has experienced flooding, we also need to deodorize the area once the water is extracted and the area is dry again. A clean smell is one of the primary factors in having an immaculate job, and we pride ourselves in thoroughly cleaning your property after a disaster. When you are not happy with the smell, you are unhappy with the job. Our aim is for you to be delighted when we are done.
High humidity levels help to dissolve and carry odor vapors to your nose, making them more noticeable than in dry air. Your nose is the primary thing which detects odors. They come from airborne chemicals, tiny particles or gases. Our job goes beyond drying the structure and getting rid of damaged materials. We also ensure that you as our customer interprets smells in the structure as good when we are ready to leave.
SERVPRO techs use several safety equipment items which must be used when dispersing gaseous deodorant or fog. We always use respirators, and everyone must be out of the area which is being fogged. We wear chemical resistant gloves as well, especially while we are applying disinfectants. Protective clothing and eye protection are essential as well.
Also, some chemicals used in deodorization cannot be disposed of in your sewage lines. Instead, they must be thrown away according to state or local guidelines, which we make sure to follow.
SERVPRO of Catawba County West not only know how to dry your business back out after a water damage emergency but we clean and sanitize the affected area as well. Business owners in the areas of St. Stephens, Sweetwater, and Hickory can reach us anytime they are in need at (828) 322-4400.
Click here for more information regarding Hickory, North Carolina.
Protect Your Sweetwater Area Business Against Water Damage
Your deli equipment needs to be maintained and damage free. Contact SERVPRO after water damage to investigate how we can help reach that goal.
Our Professional Technicians Pay Attention to Every Detail of Your Commercial Water Damage Restoration to Make Sure the Job is Done Right
Just like you use a variety of food prep equipment such as meat slicers, food processors, cheese graters, scales, and refrigerated areas to store your deli meat, we use a variety of specialized equipment to provide customers with the help they need to combat water damage emergencies.
Owning a business in Sweetwater has its ups and downs, but commercial water damage does not need to be one of them. You have expertly trained professionals nearby that work hard to keep your doors open and provide you with the protection your business deserves.
Having a water problem in your deli can lead to significant damage to your prep tables, storage containers, stainless steel pans, workstations and more. SERVPRO can provide you with the IICRC certified professional water damage restoration technicians that help prevent losses. We perform every service possible to help restore equipment and appliances damaged during a water incident on your property.
SERVPRO’s restoration technicians understand how to restore everything including food prep equipment, hand tools, and a variety of condiment or topping supply holders or applicators found in your serving area. We pay close attention to every detail and provide you with the results you deserve to have things back to normal operations as quickly and efficiently as possible.
SERVPRO can handle restoration of your bread warmers, deli cabinets, countertop soup kettles, ovens, and even fryers or griddles used to provide hot fresh food to your customers. Never give up on items before letting a water damage restoration technician inspect everything fully. You just might have an opportunity to save some items that look like a loss.
Whether you are experiencing water damage on your property now, or want advice on how to protect yourself better, our office is open to you. We want you to be able to make the most of a bad situation and offer assistance both before and after to support business owners within our community.
Make the call to SERVPRO of Catawba County West for additional information about our services or to begin your restoration, today. (828) 322-4400
For more information regarding Sweetwater, click here
Fast Response to Water Damage Crucial to Area’s Electronic Industry
Regardless of the type of cables used, electronics don't do well when submerged in water. Call SERVPRO for quick remediation.
SERVPRO Has Experience When Dealing with Water Damaged Electronic Components
Roughly 40 percent of the world’s fiber optic cable is manufactured in our area. Two major data centers also call Western North Carolina home. Cutting edge industries like these need a reliable solution to the query, “Is there a water damage company near me up to the challenge of handling issues in our plant?” SERVPRO answers in the affirmative.
Industries change, but the new companies still need high-quality commercial water damage restoration services in the Hickory area. Our technicians are ahead of the curve, receiving specialized training for the unique circumstances surrounding water damage in the electronics sector. If your plant was in the path of torrential rains or flooding, your first call to us results in a team of commercial water damage experts arriving as soon as possible.
The initial focus once our crew sets up onsite is safely removing any electrical hazards at your site. Breaker panels and backup generator or batteries must also be reviewed as well as the obvious unplugging of equipment. Standing water will be pumped out and extractors used to remove moisture that evades the pumps. Absorbent material wipes up water on the electronic surfaces. Water vapor reduces in critical areas after we determine a drying goal or goals and move air movers and dehumidifiers into the affected building. No plant is too large for our efforts as we call upon other SERVPRO franchises, if necessary, for additional equipment or technicians. We scale up our response quickly by calling on our network of water damage specialists.
We often use gentle heat when responding to an electronics water damage disaster as it is crucial to prevent your machines and computers from cooling below the dew point. Holding the temperature to a proper level avoids condensation that ruins the internal workings of electronics. A move out of some items can be indicated to control the balance of temperature and humidity more efficiently. Any articles removed are inventoried.
Electronic water damage situations often result in us working with other contractors. We pledge to collaborate purposefully with any specialized electronic recovery firms to deliver to you the very best outcome. SERVPRO also helps you preserve and detail the evidence for your insurance carrier to be certain your out of pocket expense is limited.
SERVPRO of Catawba County West takes pride in responding to the needs of our changing economy and the industries now in our region of West Central North Carolina. When leaking or flooding puts your electronic firm at risk, call us at (828) 322-4400.
Fast Restoration of Water Damage at Your Fairgrove Hair Salon
Our SERVPRO technicians react quickly to your call so that your customers will always see an OPEN sign on your door even if damage has occurred.
SERVPRO Technicians Take the Worry Out of Water Damage Remediation at Your Business Location
Small business owners experience big water damage issues when plumbing leaks or appliances fail. The laundry area in your hair salon experienced significant soaking when the washer overflowed during a load of towels. Extracting the standing water and drying lingering moisture without permanent damage to the sub floor or tiles is SERVPRO’s job, completed swiftly after your initial call.
You are skilled as a hair stylist not as a commercial water damage expert, so calling us for help for your flooded Fairgrove salon is a wise choice. Within hours of your contact, expect one of our technicians to arrive with the training, experience, and equipment to respond to your flooded laundry room. We do our best to manage this kind of water damage without the need for you to close your doors to customers. Pumps and heavy duty extractors remove any standing water completely from the floor.
Then we measure with precision instruments the level of moisture in the walls and flooring. Air movers and dehumidifiers join in the effort, if necessary, positioned properly to reduce the ambient humidity and the wetness of drywall and floor coverings. Achieving proper humidity levels can help avoid secondary damage such as mold growth or warping of tiles and sub floors.
While you deal with the day to day details of running your business, SERVPRO takes over the issues presented by an overflowing washing machine. Water removed and moisture reduced to industry standards, our technician reassesses the laundry room set up. We advise you if the washer needs repairs or the walls or grout require some paint or resealing. Our staff completes the tasks or arranges for another contractor to take them on. A careful inspection of the floor’s integrity, including the proper flow of wastewater to any floor drain, completes the job.
The way we complete our inspection and restoration services allows your hair salon to remain open for business. Teaming with SERVPRO is a smart business move when water damage strikes. No customers needing your services are disappointed and your laundry room is returned to its preloss condition is the best possible outcome.
The call you make to SERVPRO of Catawba County West when your salon laundry room floods swiftly restores your business back to normal. Our operators at (828) 322-4400 schedule a technician or work crew as soon as possible, a response you deserve as a member of our business community.
Solution For Commercial Water Damage In Ridgeview
Insurance and SERVPRO Can Keep Your Business Operational in Ridgeview
Keep Your Business Open with the Help of SERVPRO
Water damage incidents hitting your business can cause significant problems, regardless of the situation, some areas that are affected by a water damage event are harder to repair. Crawl spaces can be rather difficult to access, making them a pain to dry and restore. You'll want to avoid attempting these types of repairs on your own; luckily we provide you with a solution to this problem.
We offer many solutions to Commercial water damage situations in Ridgeview. Consider making the call to our offices and taking advantage of the services that we provide. Quickly recover from a water damage incident that occurs on your property. We'll work with you through the entire process and provide you with the services you need to restore your property to a quality pre-damage condition.
Restoration of your storage areas requires professional assistance to perform the proper repairs. SERVPRO services give you access to highly skilled technicians who have many years of experience deploying solutions to unique situations. We offer more than just a way to remove water; we have the specialized equipment, and technical experience needed to prevent additional damage from reaching locations that tend to be overlooked.
SERVPRO technicians make fast, reliable decisions concerning prioritizing your needs and look out for our customer's welfare while performing the restoration services. We perform an assessment in each area to determine which services are required to complete the job successfully and ask that you and your employees refrain from entering the workspace unless escorted by a technician and you wear the appropriate safety equipment necessary to protect you from any hazards that exist. Of course, this is in the extreme case and rarely would occur.
We work hard to safely remove the different types of insulation found within your crawl spaces; this assists us in preventing captured moisture from producing mold spores that could spread throughout the tiny spaces and access areas located on your property. SERVPRO provides you with services to prevent this from happening and uses the proper protection equipment to protect everyone involved during the repairs.
Visit our offices at SERVPRO of Catawba County West today. Pick up the phone and describe your situation to our professional staff to get the assistance you need. We're available 24-7 at (828) 322-4400.
How to Save a Crawlspace from Water Damage in Sweetwater Businesses
Sweetwater Commercial Water Damage May e Found in a Wine Cellar
SERVPRO Can Restore a Water Damaged Retail Store or Office Quickly
Water damage is a big problem no matter which part of a business it hits, but some areas will always be trickier than others. The crawlspace, for example, is one of the hardest parts of a building to dry and restore, because of possible difficult accessibility.
Dealing with commercial water damage in Sweetwater crawlspaces and below ground level, storage areas require professional assistance. It needs the attention of technicians who have spent many years solving problems and making conventional restoration techniques work in unconventional areas. SERVPRO can offer you this service; we have more than just cutting edge tools, we also have the equipment, and the experience to mitigate any hint of secondary water damage.
What this means is that our experts can make fast, effective decisions which prioritize the needs of the customer, you. So you can look out for your customers. This is true whether dealing with an office area, a storage area, or other inventory catchments.
It is common for dehumidifiers to be far too big for a crawlspace. However, it is possible to use a flex hose duct to connect the drying tools with the affected area. The drying process may take longer than normal, for this reason, but we will keep you updated every step of the way. Our aim is to keep your business functioning as we do the water and moisture removal.
Dealing with Damaged Materials
For example, fiberglass insulation is quite robust and usually salvageable, depending on the severity of the water damage. The bad news is that most other types of insulation including blown cellulose are permanently degraded upon contact with moisture. Mold prevention is crucial to maintaining good indoor air quality and less danger of damaging fabrics and soft surfaces.
Taking Safety Precautions
As water damage in commercial crawlspaces is almost always gray or black (potentially toxic), the repair team will only access the area while wearing appropriate safety garments (PPE). This personal protective equipment includes breathing apparatus and protective suits. It is less common for there to be containment issues, as crawlspaces are usually self-isolating, but this will be decided after an initial inspection. We must ask that neither you nor your employees attempt to access the damaged area at this time.
SERVPRO of Catawba County West is ready to assist in keeping your doors open and your business humming. All you have to do is pick up the phone, and we'll be onsite as quickly as possible. Call us 24/7 at (828) 322-4400.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
This Can Keep Your Business in Hickory Up and Running
SERVPRO Can Restore Commercial Fire Damage
If fire damage in Hickory has affected your business, there are many problematic issues to address simultaneously. These issues must be prioritized starting with the safety of workers, clients and customers. Minimizing business losses, client services, and revenues streams are very much a top priority. Unfortunately, there is a host of other concerns that also require attention. Commercial fire damage resulting in the loss of important documents, expensive equipment and electronics, and valuable inventory, can be devastating. After the firefighters have extinguished the flames, your next step should be to call the professionals of SERVPRO. Our fire damage restoration company can provide you with the professional, thorough remediation services that make the restoration process expedient, logical and cost effective.
Ways We Can Help. Your commercial business will probably suffer from secondary water damage because of the fire. The pooling of water, wicking and absorption of water into drywall, carpeting, and ceilings, need immediate attention for mitigating damages. A wide range of consequences come into play for total commercial fire damage restoration. Our trained technicians are highly skilled in addressing and resolving each of these issues with speed and proficiency. We are also effective in saving and restoring as many personal possessions and valuables as possible. Additionally, we employ a staff that specializes in optimizing specific aspects of the remediation process, including upholstery restoration, fire and smoke damage restoration, and water damage restoration. Document drying can be an essential aspect of the restoration process. Our state-of-the-art industrial grade equipment along with extensive on-going training makes SERVPRO an industry leader.
Recognizing Emergency Measures. At SERVPRO, we respond immediately to your fire damaging event. We offer 24-hour emergency services, arriving on the scene to assess and inspect the structure so that a determination for the restoration can commence quickly. Salvaging office furniture, supplies, and building materials will quicken the fire damage restoration time and lower expenses.
When it's time for you to select a fire damage restoration company, it's important that you select a team of professionals who are qualified. Our professionals are certified by the IICRC, the organization that sets the guidelines for the cleaning and restoration industries. Because SERVPRO's professionals adhere to IICRC standards, they are thoroughly equipped to expedite and optimize important restoration processes such as carpet cleaning and drying, dehumidifying, mold remediation and odor removal. The smoke and fire damage caused by smoke and soot call for specific industry efforts for cleanup. We can also move items for cleaning to our franchise location. SERVPRO can remedy your commercial fire damaged property in Hickory and get you back in business.
Commercial Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO of Catawba County West has the equipment, experience, and training to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. We will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about SERVPRO of Catawba County West training and certifications. Call us 24/7 for immediate help. (828) 322-4400